So I experianced my first visit to Army Pediatrics Friday! We waited an hour to be seen (with an appointment) and then dealt with poor C crying the whole time because he had a tooth breaking through. That I can deal but . . . there is MOORRREE!
I leave the pediatrics trailer (yes, I said trailer) to take him to the Immunization trailer (he is asleep by now and its been two hours) when they tell me they have to take his vitals again because they forgot to take his temp and BP. SERIOUSLY!
The intake personell then lost his paperwork for 5 minutes to come back only to tell me that they were OUT of one of the vaccines and didn't know when they would get it in. However, she sweetly informed me that I could drive 45 minutes to Lackland AFB and they would give it there . . . NO PROBLEM!
C got his immunizations sitting on my lap in an office . . .REALLY . . . . and the nurse proceeded to give him one shot try to soothe him and bandage it and THEN administered two more shots the same way.
I took him home to feed him, drove to Lackland, and waited to get his last shot. I was then told that he couldn't have the shot because he had no shot records in the system . . no duh . . . we aren't Air Force. Thank GOD for the angel of a Sgt. who called his POC at Fort Sam and got it cleared up for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment